Assistant Houseparent Position
LifeHouse Houston Inc., is a Christ-centered sanctuary for young women ages 12-24 that have been touched by an unplanned pregnancy. Our desire is to turn the crisis of an unplanned pregnancy into an opportunity for growth for the pregnant woman and to ensure life for her unborn child. We facilitate this by providing a Christian family home setting under-girded by counseling, life skills instruction, and post-partum support. We operate two maternity homes in South Houston on adjacent properties, creating a campus-like atmosphere.
Assistant Houseparent Basic Duties:
This urban missionary position requires the Assistant Houseparent to work, minister, and live with pregnant women as well as model the love of Christ through personal actions and lifestyle to residents. The Assistant Houseparent serves as a role model of a healthy, loving Biblically based person. She provides love with structure for women who may have had little of either in their lives.
• Take responsibility for the day-to-day activities of the home and care of the young women.
• Maintain a comfortable and clean house, with the assistance of the residents.
• Help the women meet appointments and other responsibilities.
• Enforce family guidelines and discipline in loving manner.
• Participate actively in interviews and the admission/intake process.
• Schedule various activities for the home, including classes, recreation, and special programs.
• Be willing to assist women through labor and delivery.
The Assistant Houseparent will work for 3 days followed by 4 days off. For example, the shift will start on Thursday at 11 a.m. and end on Sunday at 8 a.m. She is needed to allow the two sets of primary Houseparents time off within a 5 days on/2 days off rotation. The Assistant Houseparent will work alongside the Houseparents on the first day of the shift in one home, and then relieve the Houseparents for the rest of the shift. The Assistant Houseparent will have a bedroom to spend night in.
• A committed Christian woman living in the Houston area
• Maturity sufficient to assume the responsibilities for young women in care.
• Good spiritual, physical, and emotional health. Must have annual physical including a TB skin test (cost covered by LifeHouse).
• Education, training, and experience sufficient for the position duties. Previous experience in working with unwed mothers is preferred.
• Have no substantiated report as perpetrator of neglect or abuse. If married, spouse must meet this requirement as well.
• A 2-year commitment for this position is preferred.
Salary and Compensation
The base salary range for this position is $500 - $550 per shift, depending on experience and qualifications. While on duty, this position includes a private bedroom/bath, board (meals), wireless internet, basic cable, use of ministry vehicles and in-service training.
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter to Candace Mullervy, [email protected]