What is a Houseparent?

The term "Houseparent" is one of many names to describe Residential Child Care Workers.  Other names include: Homeparent, Residential Staff, Teaching Parent, Resident Counselor.   I use the name Houseparent, because I believe it to be the most common term used to describe Child Care Workers. ........

Click here to go There

Residential Childcare Facilities

One this page I have attempted to describe the different kind of facilities. It is not all inclusive, and there are probably several exceptions to these descriptions. I am only trying to give the reader, new to child care, a basic understanding.

Click here to go There

Words, Terms and Definitions

I have posted a list of almost 50 words and terms common to houseparents and residential childcare with their definitions.  I hope this list will grow and would welcome any submissions by the users.
Click here to go to the list

Home | Jobs | Directories | Resources | Facts | Contact Us | Administrators | Site Map

© Copyright 2001-2020, Page created and Maintained by Mike Hyde, The Houseparent Network™